Your Sunshine Houseboat Vacation is booked, your countdown is over and now it’s time to pack! So, what exactly do you need for a houseboat trip? Depending on the duration of your trip, and how you like to travel, your list may be different from another party’s list. We have put together a comprehensive list to help you pack for your adventure and make it the best experience possible!
Food: Sunshine Houseboats have most everything you need to cook, except the food! With that said, you can take a break from cooking and join us at the Dockside Cantina, where you can buy hotdogs, tacos, salads, and more!
- Food and a menu plan.
- It’s also available at the Marina if you forget!
- Coffee/Tea/Hot Chocolate
- Spices (cinnamon, seasoning salt, steak spice…)
- Cooking oil/Olive oil
- S’more supplies!
- Beverages of every kind!
Kitchen Essentials: Sunshine Houseboats come fully equipped with all the basic cooking tools, dishes and utensils. Only a few things are needed to make all cooking run as smooth as possible for you and your crew!
- Paper Towels
- Saran Wrap
- Tin Foil
- Ziplock bags
- Garbage bags
- Big Wok, pot or skillet (The boat has basic pots and pans but a larger capacity pot and pan is ideal if you want to cook a big ol’ pot of spaghetti!)
- Plastic containers for leftover food
- Extra plastic cups for beach time
Outdoor Essentials: Koocanusa beaches are filed with plenty of driftwood for your perfect nightly beach fire. It’s also home to an abundance of wildlife. So sit back and relax, but don’t forget these few items to help make your trip more enjoyable!
- Matches and Paper
- Rope, if you want to tie your dingy or floaty to the boat while moored.
- Deck Chairs
- Insect Repellent
- First Aid Kit (bandaids, polysporin, peroxide)
Linens: Sunshine Houseboats supply you with couple basic kitchen towels, so we highly recommend you pack enough linens to ensure an enjoyable trip!
- Bath Towels
- Beach Towels
- Face Cloths
- Hand Towels
- Bedding (sheets, pillows, extra blankets or sleeping bags)
- Tea Towels
Recommended to bring small mat for shower, an extra towel for mishaps, or if you have pets a dog bed.
Clothing: You could likely end up living in your swimsuit all week long, but Koocanusa weather can change quickly. Make sure you check the weather and plan accordingly! If you forget anything, we sell our famous KOO CAN USA brand clothing at the Driftwood store, including hats, t-shirts, hoodies and more!
- Bathing Suit
- Shorts, T-shirts, tank tops, long sleeved shirt, warm pants
- Sweaters for cool evenings and campfire time
- Rain jacket
- Hiking or Walking Shoes
- Sandals or Flip Flops
Toiletries: It’s best to come prepared. If for some reason you forget something on this list, come visit us at the Driftwood Store and we will make sure you’re taken care of!
- Your personal toiletries
- Biodegradable shampoo, conditioner and soap
- Aftersun lotion
- Moisturizing Lotion
Sporting Gear & Games: It’s all fun and games until… Nope! It’s all fun and games! It’s even more fun when you plan great things to do!
- Fishing Gear
- Playing Cards
- Games for kids and adults
- Kayak, paddleboard or small boat for exploring the shoreline
- Floaties, noodles and tubes
Beach toys like bocce, frisbee, cornhole to name a few.