2021 HOUSEBOAT, CAMPGROUND AND MARINA CLEANING CREW
Sunshine Houseboats operates charter houseboats, various motorized and non-motorized small water craft, a marina store, boat moorage, mechanical services, a small partially serviced campground and an inflatable waterpark all on one of the most beautiful lakes in BC. We strive to provide high quality service and believe that a positive, keen attitude is key in achieving this. If you are adaptable, hardworking, work well in a team, and enjoy the sun, working with us will be mutually beneficial.
We are looking for houseboat, boat and facilities cleaning staff for our 2021 season. We have openings for 2-4 cleaners with 35-40 hour work weeks. We welcome teams/couples to apply and we are specifically looking for at least one team of two people to manage the interior houseboat and facilities cleaning (5 day shift). Staff will always have 2 days off in a row. There are a number of other positions available if you, a partner or friend are looking to work together.
We are located on Lake Koocanusa, 100 km from Cranbrook and 70 km from Fernie in beautiful South Eastern British Columbia.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Staff are required to stay on site at our marina during their shift in provided accommodation unless otherwise arranged nearby. We have private cabin rooms with access to staff kitchen/lounge area and washrooms with showers. There is no charge for accommodation, but staff are required to maintain shared spaces. We welcome couples/friends to apply as well.
This position demands a keen eye to detail to ensure the best experience possible for our clients.
30-45 Hours per week with a start date beginning in June through September (4 months). Varied schedule. (If interested in working spring clean, painting, the start date can be earlier)
Other perks include use of amenities and staff discounts for Houseboats, Sport Boats, Store items and Fuel.
Wage dependent on experience, skills and productivity. Starts at $15.20/hour.
- Cleaning experience in a hospitality environment highly desired.
- Attention to detail and desire to go above and beyond for clients and team members highly desired.
- Scheduling/time management skills desired. Must be reliable and on time.
- Ability to work under supervision and take direction on cue as well as independently.
- Possess good physical condition, will be required to climb ladders, access lofts, lift large bags etc.
- Neat and clean in appearance and work habits.
- Ability to communicate with guests.
- Transportation to the lake mandatory.
- Ability to be very flexible and adaptive to busy-fast paced nature of business.
- Clean houseboats thoroughly after winter storage in spring and conduct houseboat inventory and restock as needed.
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture. Sweep, mop, and wash floors.
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances including cleaning out fridges and ovens (In houseboats and in site facilities)
- Maintain and monitor cleaning supplies and tools. Order new supplies as needed
- Wash windows, walls, cupboards and ceilings as required
- Pick up garbage and dispose of in bin on site
- Replenish amenities supplies upon request
- Ensure furniture in the rooms is properly placed (Assistance given if required)
- Report and store lost and found items
- Cart people from parking lot to boat and return.
- Stock other items including ice and water at the store.
- Assist in detail cleaning of small watercraft, non-motorized watercraft etc.
- Other jobs as needed.
Please send your resume and cover letter stating why you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org