We are looking for full and part-time, keen, physically capable and courteous houseboat dockhands for our 2019 summer season. Dockhands are primarily responsible for maintaining the exterior of our watercraft, maintaining and cleaning docks, supplying propane and water, removing septic and garbage, moving boats, fueling, assisting clients with their supplies and luggage to and from their cars, and a multitude of small repairs and maintenance. All staff will also help maintain and attend the waterpark before and during operating hours.
We are located on Lake Koocanusa, 100 km from Cranbrook and 70 km from Fernie in beautiful South Eastern British Columbia. Come join the team and work in the sun with us!
JOB TITLE: Dockhand
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Dockhand staff are required to stay on site at our marina during their shift in provided accommodation (unless close accommodations are possible). We have private cabin rooms with access to staff kitchen/lounge area and washrooms with showers. We do not charge anything for accommodation, which is a huge perk! We welcome couples to apply as well as we have rooms to accommodate.
• 1-2 positions – 30-45 Hours per week. Start date of May or June to Sept (Exact start and end dates TBD). 8 hours per day on a 4-5 day shifts. No long weekends off.
• Excellent communication skills required
• Customer service experience preferred
• Cleaning experience preferred
• Carpentry/trade skills an asset
• Boat operation experience highly desired
• Any marine, RV and/or mechanical knowledge an asset • Possess good health and physical condition (Loading and unloading)
• Cash/till experience an asset • Neat and clean in appearance and work habits • Valid Driver’s license required
• Valid Boating license an asset
• Valid propane ticket an asset (Ability to obtain on site)
• Adaptable personality and keen interest in learning
- Help clients load and unload boats using golf carts
- Clean hot tubs, all decks and exteriors of boats, and BBQs
- Provide orientation to clients (not all staff will do this)
- Maintain boats and rental equipment, provide product and pricing information
- Work with the marina manager and head cleaner to ensure boats are ready for clients
- Maintain garbage and recycling on boats and on land
- Gas up boats (if needed complete sale in store using till and debit machine)
- Remove septic waste from houseboats and in campground via pump system
- Take garbage to dump
- Maintain dock area cleanliness
- Greet and assist clients in a helpful manner
- Parking control
- Move watercraft at our docks
- Assess and repair waterpark as needed. Training provided.
- Complete appropriate paperwork
- Assist service & repair associates including using service boat to assist clients on the lake
- Other duties as required