Sunshine houseboats operates 12 charter houseboats, various motorized and non-motorized small water craft, a marina store, boat moorage, mechanical services, a small partially serviced campground and an inflatable waterpark. The diversity of the business means every staff member has to be flexible and open to doing different tasks on demand. The short season also means the learning curve is steep, and adaptability is a skill any staff member benefits greatly from. We strive to provide high quality service and believe that a positive, keen attitude is key in achieving this. If you are adaptable, hardworking, work well in a team, and enjoy the sun, working with us will be mutually beneficial.
We are looking for a store attendant and cleaner to work in our marina store (70% of the job) and with our housekeeping team when needed to clean small boats and the interior of our houseboats (30%). The role requires that the potential applicant has the ability to adapt to a variety of tasks with a strong set of customer service communication skills and hospitality cleaning skills. Customer service skills are a must. Depending on skill set, other higher level tasks may be required.
We are located on Lake Koocanusa, 100 km from Cranbrook and 70 km from Fernie in beautiful South Eastern British Columbia.
JOB TITLE: Store Attendant and Housekeeping
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Staff are required to stay on site at our marina during their shift in provided accommodation. We have private cabin rooms with access to staff kitchen/lounge area and washrooms with showers. There is no charge for accommodation but staff are required to maintain shared spaces. We welcome couples to apply as well 😉
- 30-45 Hours per week with a start date beginning in June through September (4 months). 8 hours per day. Varied schedule. (If interested in working spring clean, the start date is earlier)
- Cash/till experience required
- Familiarity of cash in/out procedures an asset
- Inventory management skills an asset
- Scheduling/time management skills desired
- Ability to work under supervision and take direction on cue as well as independently
- Possess good physical condition, will be required to climb ladders, access lofts, lift large bags etc.
- Neat and clean in appearance and work habits
- Ability to communicate with guests
- First aid an asset
- Food safe an asset
- Drivers license an asset
- Ability to be very flexible and adaptive to busy-fast paced nature of business
- Run marina store including some or all of the following:
- Provide highest quality customer service
- Operate till, debit/visa machine
- Serve ice cream and coffee
- Clean and maintain the store
- Monitor products and inventory, restock when needed
- Pump fuel and complete transactions
- Complete rental/charter transactions and provide product pricing and information
- Assist moorage clients and associated transactions
- Conduct inspections of boats/products to ensure up to standard
Clean houseboats thoroughly after winter storage in spring and conduct houseboat inventory and restock as needed. Ongoing is as follows:
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture. Sweep, mop, and wash floors.
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances including cleaning out fridges and ovens
- Wash windows, walls, cupboards and ceilings as required
- Pick up garbage and dispose of in bin on site
- Replenish amenities supplies upon request
- Ensure furniture in the rooms is properly placed (Assistance given if required)
- Report and store lost and found items
Please send resume and cover letter highlighting skills and qualifications suitability to: email@example.com
MAIL: 1304 14th Street South, Cranbrook, BC, V1C 5E8
No phone calls please.