Sunshine Houseboats operate 8 charter houseboats, various motorized and non-motorized small water craft, a marina store with fuel, boat moorage, mechanical services, a waterpark and a small partially serviced campground. Yes, basically we do everything. The diversity of the business means every staff member has to be flexible and open to doing different tasks on demand. The short season also means the learning curve is steep, the tasks change without warning, and as such requires the ability to be a adaptable. We strive to provide high quality customer service and believe that a positive, keen attitude is key in achieving this. If you are adaptable, hardworking, work well in a team, and enjoy the sun, working with us will be mutually beneficial.
We are looking for someone to fill a very diversified, fast paced position that includes driving and docking all our boats, giving orientations to clients, minor various maintenance amongst a variety of other dockhand tasks. The ideal candidate is keen, physically capable, has great situational awareness and great customer service skills. The role involves the following and while we expect to provide training for many, if not most of the below tasks, preference will be given to candidates who are already capable and confident in more than one area
- Giving clients boat orientations such that the operation of their boats has been clearly explained. – The ability to drive and park small motorboats and houseboats.
- The ability to trouble shoot various problems related to the houseboats including electrical, mechanical, propane issues etc and delegate to appropriate trained staff such as our mechanic and dock manager (training will be provided but basic knowledge in any of the above areas is highly beneficial/desired).
- Bringing clients to and from their boats on golf carts with their belongings.
- Some mid-to heavy lifting including the removal or garbage/recycling from boats.
- Drive our supplied truck to various locations in the area.
- Cleaning of the exterior of the houseboats, small rental boats and other rental equipment. – Pumping septic from boats and trailers.
- Maintaining and cleaning docks.
- Providing propane to clients and to our houseboats. (Training and certificate provided)
- Fueling client and company owned boats.
- Going on service calls for a number of issues.
- Working with the dock manager, dockhands and cleaning staff to ensure all operations run smoothly.
- Have a thorough knowledge about our fleet, products and services and ideally the ability to effectively promote Sunshine Houseboats as whole.
- Excellent communication skills a must
- Experienced boat driver highly desired
- Customer service experience preferred
- Carpentry/trade skills an asset
- Experience operating heavy machinery an asset
- Any marine, RV and/or mechanical knowledge an asset
- Possess good health and physical condition (Loading and unloading)
- Neat and clean in appearance and work habits
- Valid Driver’s license
- Valid Boating license an asset
- Valid propane ticket an asset (Ability to obtain on site)
- Adaptable personality and keen interest in learning
While this position is seasonal and we hire based on a year by year basis, we are very interested in hiring someone that would like to return for multiple years and grow with the company. The position will become more managerial and pay and benefits will grow in kind.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org